Cleaning a Munchkin MC120 Contender Wall Hung Boiler. Boston, Ma.

Users who are viewing this thread

w1ljm

Reaction score
Hi,
My wife and I had a new boiler installed about 18 months ago. It is a Munchkin MC120 Contender Wall Hung Boiler that is natural gas supplied. We are extremely happy with it and we think that it was well worth the price paid for it. I heard that it needs a cleaning once a year which we have not had done. The installer does not clean them but stated that a home owner with a little technical and mechanical background should be able to handle the job.
My question is : Does anyone have experience with these units and do they agree that the cleaning of the unit can be handled by a non-professional? If yes on both questions, do you know where I can get instructions on cleaning it (link, video, etc ! ! !)? I researched the unit online and found install instructions and an owners manual (both in .pdf form). In information would be great.

Thank you,
Frank

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
The question you have to ask yourself is "what's the worst thing that could happen?" and are you willing to live with that.....or not

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks