Clay drain pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Geo422, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Geo422

Geo422 New Member

Hi I have an four inch drain pipe which is broken. What do I use to connected an four inch PVC pipe to the clay pipe ? Thanks George
  2. jb 10

jb 10 New Member

I'll reply with the same question.

Here's one for underground, pvc to clay:
    P1002-43.jpg

Here's a shielded coupling for above ground, but I can't tell if it can also be used with clay:
    P3000-43.jpg

The P3000 series shielded coupling is EPDM for cast iron. Can it be used for clay?
  3. asktom

asktom Member

A number of companies make the all rubber couplings for clay to plastic. Cut out the bad clay then whack off a chunk of plastic a hair less than the length of the gap. The couplings will slide over the plastic so you can set it in place and slide the couplings into position.