Clawfoot Tub Pros and Cons?!

Users who are viewing this thread

achandler12

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some REAL opinions on the pros/cons of clawfoot tub. remodeling my parents 1920's American 4-Square home. would like to stay somewhat historically accurate. not enough room for a ready-made walk in shower, but would like to consider clawfoot tub/shower combo...
concerns:
leaking, flooring, curtains being in the way (something my mom wants...an unfussy bathroom...whatever?;)) pressure issues...a whole slew of things. just wanted to hear it from people who have experienced it. they look cool, but they might just suck...who knows.

any advice would be SO helpful! thanks, Adam :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

How old are the parents? A clawfoot tub is a lot higher and harder to enter than a conventional tub. They are notorious for leaking when you use a shower with them since the curtain must remain inside the tub all the way around to prevent leaking.

spaces_6290.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks