Claw Foot Tub: Direct Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Konakid

Reaction score
New homeowner here...of a house built in 1900. I am remodeling our upstairs bathroom and installing a claw foot tub. Due to the drain plumbing, and the fact that I can't change its position, I have to use a direct drain.

Is there a way to use a nice aesthetically pleasing brass drain, and attach it to the pvc I used to replace some of the old galvanized drain pipes?

Konakid

Reaction score
What do you mean by "direct drain", because that would have different meanings? We attach brass drains to PVC/ABS drain systems regularly.

Water would travel straight down into the drain pipes. Instead of traveling out and then into the drainage system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 541

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I wasn't sure if that was what you were referring to, (did its price give you sticker shock?" It is also called a "toe outlet" drain. Just install a "trap connector" to your PVC and slip the outlet tube of the drain into it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks