Claw foot Drain Question

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by A. Magazzu, Dec 31, 2013.

1. A. Magazzu

A. Magazzu New Member

I have a simple question from a simple man...

If I take my old 1-3/8 tub drain and overflow assembly out of my claw foot tub, is the hole in the bottom of the tub large enough to put in a new, 1-1/2" drain assembly. I have a whole new chrome drain and overflow with all the connections. I just don't want to get the old one out and then find out the 1-1/2" won't fit in there. Appreciate any of your master plumber help. I have 30 years experience in industrial refrigeration installation, so if you want your tub chilled, I can help with that. But the tub drain is a big deal to me. Thanks in advance.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The tub will take the new drains.
    What about the p-trap you are installing it to? That is the only worry.
    You should be okay.
  3. A. Magazzu

A. Magazzu New Member

Thanks much. The plumbing below the tub is 120 years old and involves lead drain pipes, etc. I will have to improvise that part. I was just worried the hole in the tub would be too small for the 1-1/2" drain. Again, Thanks, and Have a Happy!