Claw foot Drain Question

Users who are viewing this thread

A. Magazzu

Reaction score
I have a simple question from a simple man...

If I take my old 1-3/8 tub drain and overflow assembly out of my claw foot tub, is the hole in the bottom of the tub large enough to put in a new, 1-1/2" drain assembly. I have a whole new chrome drain and overflow with all the connections. I just don't want to get the old one out and then find out the 1-1/2" won't fit in there. Appreciate any of your master plumber help. I have 30 years experience in industrial refrigeration installation, so if you want your tub chilled, I can help with that. But the tub drain is a big deal to me. Thanks in advance.

A. Magazzu

Reaction score
Thanks much. The plumbing below the tub is 120 years old and involves lead drain pipes, etc. I will have to improvise that part. I was just worried the hole in the tub would be too small for the 1-1/2" drain. Again, Thanks, and Have a Happy!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks