Classifieds section?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by CarlosRodriguez, Feb 3, 2013.

1. CarlosRodriguez

CarlosRodriguez New Member

Hello, is there anywhere to post items for sale? I have a lot of copper fittings that I will never use.

Thank you!
  2. kreemoweet

kreemoweet Member

Ever hear of CraigsList.org?
  3. nukeman

nukeman Nuclear Engineer

I mentioned this to Terry sometime back. There are some items a homeowner may have left over (like test plugs, balloons, fittings, etc.) and it may be a nice spot for another homeowner to pickup something that is used/discounted, since it may be something that they only use once.

However, a classifieds section comes with its own set of challenges. I mod a classified section on a large forum and there is a lot to it. There are problem when people take the money,but don't send the item, or the item is broken/defective, etc. Then, it becomes a challenge for the mods of the section to try to work with both parties to work out a solution.

It is probably best to try to sell these locally first. If it was something more expensive (like a specialty tool), then maybe try the "bay" or other auction sites.
  4. CarlosRodriguez

CarlosRodriguez New Member

So nobodys interested in over 50 copper fittings in various sizes? They are from 1/2 to 1 1/8 inch. I tried Craigslist without any luck. These outta be worth $100 shouldn't they?

[​IMG]