1. Bananaboyandy

Bananaboyandy New Member

Anyone know where I can get a front WS1 sticker for my Clack WS1 valve cover? Just had it installed and would like to throw that on there if they are available. Couldn't find it online.
  2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

The spot on the cover is for dealers to put their own stickers on if they choose.
  3. Bananaboyandy

Bananaboyandy New Member

Ah ok. Saw a pic online of it and thought it was standard. Makes sense.
  4. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Clack does not want their distributors or the distributors' dealers calling it a Clack anything. They do not want their name on it. None of the three major valve manufacturers put their name on their valves.

Clack's contract that all their distributors work under requires all of them (individually) to make up their own name for the valve and to have their dealers use that name. Although my experience, as a dealer of a few of Clack's distributors, was that the distributors made up a name but they and their personnel still called 'it' a Clack WS whatever.

I never saw any sticker on the valves but then I didn't order standard pre assembled equipment, I specified each component part and included non standard 'options' for each softener. There are a number of national and regional companies that use a slightly proprietary version of the Clack WS-1 and put their sticker on the valve cover. I've never heard of or seen a dealer put Clack or other sticker on a valve to identify the brand of valve. As a local dealer I always put a sticker with my company name and phone numbers on equipment I sold or serviced. I did the same with my well and pump work.