Clack WS1 EE settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
On the 1.5 cubics that I set up, if there is iron in the water then I will set up the back wash for 16 minutes, 12minutes if little to no iron.
Brine draw at 50 minutes works out 95% of the time then 6 minutes on the rapid rinse and 6 minutes for the brine tank refill.
That will have a cap of 33,000 .. say comp hardness is at 33, that would be 1000 gallons but if there are 4 in the house I would have the meter set for 200 gallons less or 800 gallons. That will work, then if 6 months later if there is some hardness getting by the system say once a month, then set the meter to 750 gallons and try that for a few months , if the water stays good 24/7 and no hardness, leave it there.

This is how I do it ... it is an idea for you only, you may take or leave.
He has a Clack WS-1 EE, not a Fleck valve. He didn't mention the time for the 1st backwash and should program for 2 backwashes, one before and one after brining and then Rinse.

IIRC the figures he listed are the default settings except for the fill position.

He also said: "Set like that with my low water use I would be regening 35000 grain every 14 days with 21lbs of salt.".

With 21 lbs in 1.5 cuft, he would be regenerating about 43K, wasting salt and getting terrible salt efficiency. With your 16 or 12 minutes of backwash and then the rinse, he is using capacity for all that but his water use efficiency won't be very good. And letting iron sit on resin bead sites for 14 days is not a good thing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks