Clack V3006 - manual backwash

Users who are viewing this thread

Powerless

Reaction score
Heya,

So I ended up using clack 3006 bypass... for the manual Backwash.

I have it setup in downflow, plan is to reverse water flow to backwash, only way to have ths arrow on the valve point in right direction would be to flip it upside down everytime.

Does anyone know if this matters... of reversing flow is good enough and I can forget about direction of the arrow, I don't understand configuration of it inside.

Gracias

Powerless

Reaction score
You have to change the direction of flow within the tank. By turning the bypass upside down, you are not changing the direction of flow.
All good thank you for reason I was thinking that this is 3 way valve

It's regular valve...

Weird part is that it's oily inside... is this some silicone lube or some crap from production

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you could have longer flex lines hooked to the bypass. Then to backwash, you would turn off the water and relieve pressure. Unscrew the bypass from the tank, and reinstall it upside down temporarily. Then you would turn the water back on, and run a lot of water downstream of the tank to get backwashing action. Then you would reverse the procedure. That would work , but it would be a lot of effort.

Adding some extra valves as previously discussed would be a lot easier when it comes time to backwash.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks