Clack still best, and where to find?

Users who are viewing this thread

Anand C. Patel

Reaction score
Apologize if this violates forum rules -- but for the life of me I cannot find any information about where one would purchase a Clack WS1 based softener in MA. What gives? Have they renamed them? Or are they not the best option anymore given Clack's restrictions on parts sales?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Distributors are supposed to make up their own name for it and tell their dealers not to use the Clack name. So you need to compare pictures of what a dealer is selling to a Clack WS1. It is not to be sold unless as a part of a "complete" system, meaning not to sell just a valve. It is not supposed to be sold online but ex online dealers can sell parts to their old online customers and there is a web site or two that sell parts to anyone. Call Clack and ask for a dealer in your area, they won't know of any but they can put you in touch with a distributor that might be able to. But then you'll be paying their much higher rice than you would if you bought something else online.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yea, Clack doesn't put its name on its stuff so you should shop around and ask. If whoever you are talking too doesn't know who's valve he's selling, you should go elsewhere. Not sure where in Mass you are but IIRC FW Webb is or was selling PurPro which was a Clack Valve

Anand C. Patel

Reaction score
"No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license"
So more like brain surgery then, right? ;)

Thanks for the info!

Anand

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Interesting, now that I think of it I can't recall any of the major valve manufacturers putting their name on the label. You could tell them apart by the shape but lately they all seem to have adopts the same streamlined lines. If it's of any value to you, fleck makes a couple of valves that are every bit as durable and reliable as Clack. Just stay away from anything you might find at the big box stores like ken,ore, whirlpool etc.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Also watch out for the Chinese Knock off Clack and Fleck valves. They basically took the Fleck valve, copied the molds, and then put a Clack or Fleck looking timer on it to make it look similar. Truly innovative :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks