Clack retention tank

Users who are viewing this thread

AlexM

Reaction score
I have a question on the inlet and outlet on this tank. Which side left or right is the inlet when facing connection? I've read conflicting directions and am now a little confused. The tank is being used as a contact tank with chlorine injection just as the well water enters. The I/O connections are at the top of the tank, any advice would be appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 192

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
There should be arrows marking which one is which. One arrow pointing going in and the other one is pointing going out.

Model number would be nice to have

Reach4

Reaction score
I expect that which port is input and which is output would depend if you want upflow or downflow.

A purpose-made contact/retention tank would have a blow down drain at the bottom for the things that settle out, such as rust particles. With a re-purposed softener tank, what happens to the solids? I am thinking you might be better to have downflow so that the dip tube could suck up solids and feed that to a mechanical filtering stage. But don't know. I have no experience in this. I am just trying to think it through.

If you were to clean out the tank as needed, maybe upflow would be better to retain the solids for the cleanout. So maybe every year or five, you would tip the tank and wash out with a pressure washer? Or would you periodically pass a high flow through to try to wash out the solids without opening the tank?

Last edited:

AlexM

Reaction score
Hi Reach4,

Thanks for your response for someone who claims not to know to much about this your answer is in the right direction. I ended up contacting Clack Manufacturing directly and they suggested the up flow inlet is where I wanted my "water in" connection to be. This way the solids would flush out the bottom when I opened the ball valve on the bottom of the tank. Again thank you for your explanation and help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks