circuit breaker question

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by fjbvax, Jan 27, 2009.

1. fjbvax

fjbvax New Member

Hi. I have a Cutler Hammer 200Amp electric panel box and want to add a 20 amp breaker dedicated to a new side by side refrig.. I find that their breakers are identified with 'CH' or 'BR'. The panel is 7 years old. Inside the door is a label with numerous 'CH's and one 'BR' listed. I'm not sure which one to buy.Can you help me? Thank You
  2. TedL

TedL New Member

Look in the panel for the breaker that supplies your laundry. It s/b a 20 amp.
    Look at your open slots. Can they take the same?

You'll find a selection of breakers for CH panels at the big blue box. Unless space is an issue, a single pole full size (width) breaker will work.
  3. jar546

jar546 In the Trades

What color are the breaker handles and what color is the box?

Tan? good chance it is a CH which is the higher end model. BR is the cheaper yet adequate model.

Black breaker handles with a gray box then probably a BR.
  4. TedL

TedL New Member

In any case, the simple answer is that a sample of what you need is almost certainly sitting in the box in front of you.
  5. fjbvax

fjbvax New Member

TedL,
    Thank's very much. I'll do what you said. Floridian
  6. fjbvax

fjbvax New Member

jar546 Thank's very much. I'll check the box,color's etc.. Floridian
  7. Alectrician

Alectrician DIY Senior Member

Breakers....

Tan = CH

Black = BR