Cimarron HET Flush problem

Users who are viewing this thread

wouldy

Reaction score
Well I got one those Cimarron HETs cause my friend got me a good deal on it. I know you guys love TOTO so dont go laughing at me too much.

My problem is this. When I flush the Toilet it has a very quick flush unless I hold down the the lever. The tank model number is K4634-HE

If I just just push the lever and let it go, the cylindrical flapper goes up and then on release goes flying right back down, through the water stopping the water from draining. Hence not much water gets out of the tank.

If I hold down the lever the flush is quite nice. I am at the 1.28 flush level.

The lady at Kohler said to adjust the chain, but I dont see how that is going to stop the fllapper from falling any slower? It doesn't float like the old style flappers.

Any thoughts??

BTW I am going to buy either a a TOTO CST704.10 or a Gerber Viper 21-510 for my other toilet since I only have a 10' rough in. I wont be getting a Wellworth.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing. Anyone flushing it has to hold down the handle on it. I don't know why this is the case either.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On most new toilets, the flapper drops very quickly. It is doing what it is supposed to. You should not have to hold the handle down, and if you do, it is using more water than it should. Try it. Today's toilets are designed for a quick, fast dump; not the extended dump of the older designs. They rarely are designed to dump all the water in the tank, either...the height of the water helps give the water that is released the pressure needed to flush well, not the volume of the old ones.

wouldy

Reaction score
But there is about 3/4 of water still in the tank

There is still probably 3/4 of the water still in the tank when the flapper stops up the drain.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Wouldy,
Measure the distance in inches the water drops in the tank when you flush without holding the handle. Measure the length and width of the tank in inches.

Multiply these 3 measurements together then divide the answer by 231.

This will be the gallonage that went from the tank into the bowl.
Bear in mind that there is additional water added into this mix as soon as the fill valve is activated so the actual gallons used is slightly higher than what you come up with. The only way this could be measured would be to catch what comes out of the toilet and measure that. I trust the method I provided would suffice for you.

Tank water level drop in inches when flushed X length of tank in inches X width of tank in inches = gallons

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks