chrome gooseneck to cpvc shower fitting - how do I ensure it doesn't leak behind the

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Honest Bill, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Honest Bill

Honest Bill New Member

I had a basement bath remodeled and the guy used all cpvc for the water lines (he's from California and is a real believer), including the fitting that the gooseneck screws in to. As this fitting is inside the wall, how do I connect the gooseneck where a plumbing leak won't be a potential problem, since the connection will be inside the wall? By the way, I'm a complete novice when it comes to plumbing. Thanks in advance, Bill
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If the threaded fitting in the wall was cpvc, I'd be worried. I'd want a brass drop-eared fitting that could be screwed to a support to screw in the shower arm. Having it of plastic would risk splitting it if the arm (big lever!) got moved or knocked (or even tightened too much).
  3. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

In my own experience, the correct fitting in CPVC has a rubber washer inside as a seat for the gooseneck, and I installed mine with teflon tape also. And, you do not have to tighten the gooseneck enough to break the CPVC fitting in order to get a good seal!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007