Choosing new water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Babifav

Reaction score
Hi,

My contractor suggest me to buy a water softener because my water is too "hard". I am looking for Kenmore 300 Series Water Softener or Whirlpool 30000-Grain Water Softener, so i'd like suggestion from you all. I have a townhouse with 2 1/2 bath.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The big box store brands usually only last 2-5 years before they break. They are all cabinet models, meaning the resin tank is inside the salt tank with a cover over everything, and that makes them difficult to work on. Regular softeners have the resin separate from the separate salt tank. Another thing is the limited size of cabinet models, max is 1.2 cuft of resin.

Do you want to be dependent on Kenmore service or do you want to be an independent DIYer and install and service your softener yourself?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks