choosing correct pump

Users who are viewing this thread

scm37

Reaction score
Hi,
I have some questions. I need to pump water from the deep end of a swimming pool , about 6 feet deep. up a post, across the ceiling and then up further to the second floor to an hvac unit that uses water to cool instead of a conventional air cooled condenser unit. there will be no "pressure" in the line.The water will exit the hvac unit thru gravity and of course the pump and just spill back to the surface of the pool. I have no idea what type of pump to use.
Any suggestions. I would like energy efficient characteristics.
Thanks, Steve

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
First off, you should not pump dirty pool water through the HVAC and crud it up. Why not just tap into the water line after the pool filter? The weight of the water returning from the HVAC would compensate for the weight of the water being pushed up so the pump would not have to do any heavy lifting.

scm37

Reaction score
suggestion

could you recommend a pump for the described situation?
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks