choosing correct pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by scm37, Aug 18, 2011.

1. scm37

scm37 New Member

Hi,
    I have some questions. I need to pump water from the deep end of a swimming pool , about 6 feet deep. up a post, across the ceiling and then up further to the second floor to an hvac unit that uses water to cool instead of a conventional air cooled condenser unit. there will be no "pressure" in the line.The water will exit the hvac unit thru gravity and of course the pump and just spill back to the surface of the pool. I have no idea what type of pump to use.
    Any suggestions. I would like energy efficient characteristics.
    Thanks, Steve
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

First off, you should not pump dirty pool water through the HVAC and crud it up. Why not just tap into the water line after the pool filter? The weight of the water returning from the HVAC would compensate for the weight of the water being pushed up so the pump would not have to do any heavy lifting.
  3. scm37

scm37 New Member

suggestion

could you recommend a pump for the described situation?
    Thanks
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

5. scm37

scm37 New Member

recirc

Thank You!!!!!