Choosing a Flushmate Toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by condensr, Apr 10, 2007.

1. condensr

condensr New Member

Hey all,

I'm replacing my 80's AS toilet, as I'm tired of the sweating on the tank. I've dyed the tank water, and verified the flapper isn't leaking. We just have extremely cold water year around, and only one bathroom for the house.

So, I want a Flushmate equipped toilet, and am left with a choice between the Gerber Ultraflush, or the AS Cadet.

From reading here, most are pleased with the Gerber. I haven't seen too much in the way of opinions on the Cadet FM though. I like the looks of the AS better, but I don't want to give up performance for looks. Terry's price on each is pretty comparable too.

Is the Cadet as good as the Gerber Ultraflush? I read a post saying that it used to have a problem leaving tissue behind, but that it might be better now.

[​IMG]
    Gerber 21-302 with the Flushmate 1.6 gallon tank.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
  2. JCturboT

JCturboT New Member

Condenser,

As a new owner of a Gerber Ultra Flush toilet I am really very pleased with it's performance.

Not sure if you've read my post ("Lost an old friend tonite...") but my Wife runs a daycare out of our home and several of the children has an issue with flushing (they just don't), so ,after 2-3 of these children use the toilet, I am left with quite a full bowl.

The Gerber handles it without any problems what-so-ever.I am really amazed it does so with using only 1.6 gallons.

The best part is the water spot...it is huge compared to most of the new toilets (10 1/2" x 12 1/2"), I have yet to use a toilet brush even after the toilet has beeen used by several children.

My friend has the PA Cadet and he likes his as well, so besides the smaller water spot (by 1/2"), and the gram test (1000 grams on the Gerber-750 on the AS Cadet), I'd say go for whatever toilet you visually like best as they are just about even in cost.

Jeff
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Gerber and Kohler make good pressure assist toilets.
    A notch below, I would place the A/S, though they do look good.

I prefer the non-pressure assist myself, you can get good performance without telling the world about it when you flush.
  4. loverboy

loverboy New Member

You might check the flushmate website. They should list all the toilet brands they sell their system too.