Cherne Clean Seal Plug?

Users who are viewing this thread

FlashPD

Reaction score
Inspector required plumber to put in the plug during rough in. Now I need to release it, but it has a tag with multiple danger warnings on it. Is it realy dangerous or can I just release the pressure from the valve like a tire valve stem?

Sulconst2

Reaction score
danger is in filling it too high. can explode with a shrapnel type intensity! release air slowly to let water from test to pass. then release all air to remove.
http://www.cherneind.com/

cherne_clean_seal_plug.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
plug

The tags are CYA's to protect Cherne from lawsuits. If the water column in the pipe is very high, then you could get wet when releasing the plug, unless it is the type that screws into the tee's opening.

dananna

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this forum and would like to find out more info ref the Cherne Clean Seal Plug. My general contractor stopped working on my home addition. One of things that was done before he left the job was the plumbing which included tying the drain for a toilet, shower and sink into the exitsting waste stack. There is a Cherne Clean Seal Plug on the stack now. My question is does the clean-seal plug need to be removed before the new toilet, shower, and sink can be use? I would greatly appreciate any information including any particular on how to remove it.

Thank you all,

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Do you mean should it be removed before tying new piping into stack¿ Well, yes or else it would block off the drain at that point.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks