Checking my plumbing - single sink to double sink

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by awake, Aug 8, 2014.

1. awake

awake New Member

After some helpful advice here, I have completed my rough plumbing to convert a single-sink vanity to a double-sink vanity. Here is the before:

[​IMG]

And here is the after:

[​IMG]

Question: When I was putting in the transition fittings to go from the ABS to the PVC, I found that the upper (vent) piece would move a bit up and down. That was very helpful in getting everything into place, but it made me nervous about what is happening on the roof -- do I need to go up there and check to be sure a vent cap has not gotten pushed out of position?

Does anyone see anything else I need to fix before closing this back up?
    Terry likes this.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The pipe slid through the opening, and usually there is nothing to worry about, since it apparently has not leaked previously.
  3. awake

awake New Member

Thanks!
  4. Smooky

Smooky Member

5. Reach4

Reach4 Active Member

I think he was referring to something to support the vertical weight from the pipe.