Check Valve Type?

Users who are viewing this thread

Golfdci681

Reaction score
I recently had a irrigation system installed at my home. It was connected to my main line via T connection. I have a private well. Before I had this system installed I never had an issue, but now I have air in my water supply lines to my house after I run my irrigation system. The days I do not run my irrigation system I have no air in my lines. I have at least narrowed down to the air coming in from my irrigation system. My question is where they made the T connection to my main line and my irrigation booster pump that they installed they did not install any type of backflow preventer/check valve. This is why I'm suspecting the air is getting back into my main line. My main line is 3/4 PEX from my well to my house and it is 3/4 PEX from my T connection to my booster pump. I have 5 zones with 5 heads on each. They run 15min each zone with a 40 min delay inbetween each zone give the well sufficient time to rebuild. I've never had a problem with water levels dropping before as I have also watered previously with tripod sprinklers and ran them for 3 hrs straight with no breaks and never dropped water pressure so I have ruled out the water level dropping in my well. I just don't know what size/kind of backflow/check valve to put in that line? The line also has a turn off valve right after they t'ed into my main line so I will put it in directly after that. Any input would help. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
The air is probably being sucked in by the booster pump. If that is the case the air is getting into the system before it gets to the irrigation system or at least upstream of the pump, the suction side of the pump. Is the booster pump down stream from any vacuum breakers or shrader valves or any other valve where air could be sucked in by the booster pump?

Golfdci681

Reaction score
The air is probably being sucked in by the booster pump. If that is the case the air is getting into the system before it gets to the irrigation system or at least upstream of the pump, the suction side of the pump. Is the booster pump down stream from any vacuum breakers or shrader valves or any other valve where air could be sucked in by the booster pump?

There is no valves of any type on the irrigation line other then other then a shut off valve right after the T where the irrigation line is tied into my main water supply line to my house and the irrigation control valves for each zone. That is why I want to put some type of backflow/check valve inbtween the t connection and my booster pump. I know one has to be there. I asked why one wasn't there, but I just don't know what size/type to install to one protect against backflow and two stop air from sealing back into my main line

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks