Check Valve noise

Users who are viewing this thread

Hube

Reaction score
It seems to me when I replace a check valve in some systems,(especially my own) the valve remains quiet when being activated for a couple of years and then starts making a bang or thump noise when the pump starts up.
I have tried various reliable brands of brass type valves and seem to always have this "wham-bang" noise a couple of years later. I assume it also must be hard on the lines too because of this slight delay in actally opening up.
Is it because of the well water ingredients making it slightly stick on start-up due to corrosion or such?? Anyone know of a fool-proof check valve or well water additive that will eliminate this annoying problem? Any input would be appreciated. Hube

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks