Changing water valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Fudog

Reaction score
I want to change the valve on the water supply line to a ball valve. There is not alot of room in the existing opening probably about 12in square plastic panel anyway the valve thats in there is soldered and I cant move the pipes up or down in order to heat the valve up to remove it. I was considering cutting a small section out and using a union on both ends of the valve. I know this is a vague description but would like some opinions please. This is 1/2 in line. Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Rather than a union (which would work), you could use a repair coupling. This looks like a 'normal' coupling, but does not have a stop in the middle. This is so you can slide it down the pipe, reinsert the new piece, then slide it back over the end of the other piece, then solder it. It allows you to insert a pipe with no way to spread it apart to insert the normal coupling with a stop in it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks