Changing TOTO fill valve cap

Users who are viewing this thread

Zeak

Reaction score
My Toto ST 424E emax is making the "barking" or whistling sound at the end of the flush. From advice on this site, I got a Korky 528 valve cap. The instructions talk about removing the Toto cap by pinching the float arms. I've seen the youtube video from Korky, but the Toto cap looks different. The cap on the Toto doesn't have pinchable float arms and I am hesitant to push too hard and break it. I've attached a pic. Anybody have advice on removing the original cap? Thanks.

tn.jpeg

Attachments

• tn-1.jpeg
    tn-1.jpeg
    2.4 KB · Views: 746

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto uses a couple different valves on their toilets...the one you pictured is not made for the by Korky, so the part you bought will not fit. The only user maintenance thing you can do on the valve you have is remove the filter assembly and clean it. If that doesn't fix it, you need a new valve. FWIW, Toto has settled on a Korky fill valve that is adjustable as their replacement of choice, but you can buy a generic version of that valve for less from most plumbing supply places and some big-box stores. The one they make for Toto comes with a chart and you adjust it to the specified number based on the specific toilet you have...the generic ones you have to read the instructions and take an extra 5-minutes to adjust the balance between the tank and the bowl if you want to not waste water...time well spent in my opinion. Neither is hard to replace/adjust.

Korky 528T Replacement TOTO Toilet Fill Valve - Fits G-Max and Power Gravity Toilets -Easy to Install -Made in USA

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score

Zeak

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys! I opened the cap and flipped the little pea size piece of rubber on the underside of the float arm where it meets the cap. The sound is now gone! Toto is emailing me a new cap anyway.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Good to know! Glad to help!

FWIW, you have what Toto calls the "Voreto" valve, which is made in China by Voreto (Xiamen) Manufacturing, Ltd. to Toto specs.

Toto puts that valve in some of its toilets, but now only ships the Korky valve as a replacement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks