Changing boiler water pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kskier

Home Handyman
Reaction score
My water pump on my boiler is making noise. I was going to change it out. It is an American Standard with a Gossit pump. On the zone manifold there are drain valves. Before changing pump, I was going to shut off water supply to the boiler, then open up drain valves to relieve the pressure and then change out the pump. After installing the pump before I turn power back on to the pump, do I turn the water supply to the boiler and open the drain valves to let air out, or turn power on first, then open up the water and drain valves........thanks .......Karl

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
First find out WHY the pump is making noises. If it is an old 100 series, it could just be a worn coupler, and possibly also need new motor mounts. Replacing these items does not require doing ANYTHING to the water in the system.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks