changing bath fixtures

Users who are viewing this thread

TamHill

Reaction score
:confused: Hi-I want to change my old Price Pfister three- handle tub/shower fixtures. I saw replacement handles in the HD catalog. However, can I use a different brand three handle to replace without changing the rough-in? What about the showerhead? Can I use a remodel plate and get the single-handle valve without "taking out the guts"? Thanks so much!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
"Fit-all" handles usually don't fit anything very well. Get PricePfister handles. You do have some upgrade options because you can change over to ceramic stems and the various handles available for them.

To go single handle, obviously you must change the entire valve. The remodel plates allow you to cut a reasonable size hole in the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks