changing bath fixtures

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by TamHill, Feb 4, 2006.

  1. TamHill

    TamHill New Member

    Feb 4, 2006
    :confused: Hi-I want to change my old Price Pfister three- handle tub/shower fixtures. I saw replacement handles in the HD catalog. However, can I use a different brand three handle to replace without changing the rough-in? What about the showerhead? Can I use a remodel plate and get the single-handle valve without "taking out the guts"? Thanks so much!
  2. jimbo

    jimbo Plumber

    Aug 31, 2004
    San Diego
    "Fit-all" handles usually don't fit anything very well. Get PricePfister handles. You do have some upgrade options because you can change over to ceramic stems and the various handles available for them.

    To go single handle, obviously you must change the entire valve. The remodel plates allow you to cut a reasonable size hole in the wall.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: changing bath
Forum Title Date
Remodel Forum & Blog Moving Into New Home - Changing the Locks - Builder Has a Magic Key to Reset Locks??? Jun 8, 2012
Remodel Forum & Blog Changing textured ceiling finish to smooth finish. Jun 9, 2008
Remodel Forum & Blog Adding bathroom on second floor - DWV design Feb 8, 2015
Remodel Forum & Blog Bathroom ventilation - multiple fans to one 4" eave vent duct Jan 20, 2015
Remodel Forum & Blog Bathroom vanity replacement Jul 21, 2014

Share This Page