Changing air over water tank to bladder tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

John H.

Reaction score
I have an old air over water pressure tank, with a well that takes in air when it stops (through a check valve) then of course pushes that air into the pressure tank when it comes back on. If I wanted to change the pressure tank to a bladder tank, how do I handle the air intake on the well, and avoid the air coming back into the pressure tank? Can I just blind off the air inlet valve on the well?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Like CC says, remove the check valve above ground. As long as the bleeder down the well is still good, removing the check valve will prevent the bleeder from opening and no air will be added to the bladder tank.

John H.

Reaction score
Thank you both for the fast reply. I will give it a shot! I've already ordered the bladder tank, so we will see next week.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks