Changed Valve on my toilet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Zombie1986, May 23, 2014.

1. Zombie1986

Zombie1986 New Member

May 23, 2014
    Bakersfield California
    Hi I have a problem with my toilet after I changed the valve and the flapper. I changed it with a Fluidmaster Universal Fill Valve and a Fluidmaster flapper. I think I did everything right because I followed the instructions, but it now makes a noise as if it's flushing and filling itself every few minutes. Could you please tell me what I did wrong? It also happens to my other toilet after I did the same thing back in September. Do I need to replace the valves again?
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Aug 9, 2009
    Sounds like you pushed the refill tube down inside the overflow instead of using the clip to hold it above the overflow.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement