Changed out Delta Diverter... now pressure issues

Users who are viewing this thread

dpennmaas

Reaction score
Hi, I replaced the diverter for our 24 year old Delta tub shower combo unit. The diverter was spitting out water, and it turns out that the plastic piece at the end of it had deteriorated, and was broken. I found a replacement at the local "box" store, put it in and now the water pressure coming from the shower is terrible. I'm suspicious that a little piece of plastic from the broken diverter is clogging water pressure somewhere.
If so, how do I clear it out? Or does anyone out there have any other ideas. The water pressure coming from the tub spout seems fine. Any help is appreciated!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

Unless the diverter is in the valve, the broken piece could not have gotten to the shower. And even if it is in the valve, the flow patterns would normally have flushed it out before it got to the shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks