Changed out Delta Diverter... now pressure issues

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by dpennmaas, Jan 23, 2009.

1. dpennmaas

dpennmaas New Member

Hi, I replaced the diverter for our 24 year old Delta tub shower combo unit. The diverter was spitting out water, and it turns out that the plastic piece at the end of it had deteriorated, and was broken. I found a replacement at the local "box" store, put it in and now the water pressure coming from the shower is terrible. I'm suspicious that a little piece of plastic from the broken diverter is clogging water pressure somewhere.
    If so, how do I clear it out? Or does anyone out there have any other ideas. The water pressure coming from the tub spout seems fine. Any help is appreciated!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

Unless the diverter is in the valve, the broken piece could not have gotten to the shower. And even if it is in the valve, the flow patterns would normally have flushed it out before it got to the shower.