Change ShowerHead at Attachment

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by CZChang, Sep 5, 2012.

1. CZChang

CZChang New Member

Hi - I'm looking to replace this showerhead, but only at the female/male attachment. I'm quite new to this so I'm not sure what type of specifications I should be looking at to make sure the new one I buy will successfully attach at the indicated point. How do I know when buying a new showerhead that it will be able to join at that point?

Doing some research, my current one seems to be either
    1) http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25e...shower head&storeId=10051#product_description

OR

2) http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-25e...eyword=shower head&storeId=10051#.UEfdmY2PVvE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. kreemoweet

kreemoweet New Member

The showerhead actually begins upstream from the joint you display, with the first nut that screws onto the pipe emerging from the wall. It is probably
    a standard 1/2" Female Pipe Thread nut, which you will also find on just about any replacement showerhead. If for some strange reason you actually want
    to replace only the parts you have removed, you will probably have to find an identical showerhead and dismantle it to get the items you need.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Not going to happen......EVER. brands and models NEVER mix and match at the fittings.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The only thing that will fit where you want to mount it is another shower head EXACTLY like the one you have. Take the other piece off the shower arm and you can use any shower head you want to.