Change bathtub handles

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Deb Valcq, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Deb Valcq

Deb Valcq New Member

I am replacing my brass fixtures in my bathroom and have been able to remove the tub handles, but there are 2 brass nipples which contain the cartridges for the water and I would like to change those out. I have tried everything to get those off. Sprayed with lubricant, vice grips, everything, you name it. Do they even come off? Please help. Thanks.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I suggest posting a photo of what you are talking about, 800 pixels or less, for somebody who might know.
    I doubt that "housing for the water" is descriptive enough.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

YOu do know that whatever you try to use for a replacement HAS to be by the same manufacturer as the existing faucet, and sometimes even the same model.