Champion, yet again

Users who are viewing this thread

Alan Muller

Reaction score
Have read so much about these that when offered a free one, I called AS for the new flush valve, installed that, and set the toilet at a low-use location. Tank 4260, date March 2005.

I don't see any mechanical problems but it just doesn't seem to flush consistently. Sometimes it barely seems to siphon and needs a second flush to clear the bowl. Not exactly a "champion" in performance. I looked the bowl over carefully before setting it but didn't see any problems, but I know there can be an internal defect or obstruction in the passage.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any bowl can be restricted if something is lodged in the trapway. A clean trapway should siphon well. Sometimes we need to run an auger through, to clear them out.
It can also be a semi-blocked siphon jet hole.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the toilet truly only sees occasional use, some water from the bowl may be evaporating, lowering it enough so it doesn't flush well. Any time you try to start a flush when the bowl isn't full, it can result is poor performance. But, it may just be it isn't that great of a toilet. When the bowl isn't full, the first flush is weak, but the refill leaves the bowl at the 'proper' level...then, the second flush works as normal. This isn't normally a problem (assuming it is evaporation) when the toilet is used often enough so the level isn't compromised. I notice my toilets bowl level is low if I'm away for a couple of weeks or more when I return. Do not notice that at all under 'normal' circumstances when they get used on a daily basis.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks