Champion toilet flush duration

Users who are viewing this thread

Don

Reaction score
Just installed the Champion, no leaks yet, it does have the newer flush valve..Is there anyway to adjust for a longer duration flush so that it empties more of the tank?..Just doing test flushes at this point.,The flush is very brief..I'd like to see a longer duration of rushing water to be sure to clean the bowl..will I just have to live with the 1.6 gpf function ?..I read on a post that if you make the chain longer it will flush the whole tank..haven't tried it..but I'm not sure that would make any difference...I flush and hold the lever down and it doesn't seem to make a difference in the amount of water used...any adjustments possible ?...Thanks..Don

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You raise an interesting point. First, the flush tower drops by design automatically; holding the handle down has no effect. This was probably done intentionally to prevent users from over-riding the 1.6 GPF. Here in San Diego County, there is a toilet rebate program, and to qualify for the program, one of the requirements is that the toilet is designed to PREVENT flushing more than 1.6 gallons under any normal or abnormal circumstance. The flapper must also withstand testing with chlorine bleach and "2000 flushes" , hence the red thermoplastic rubber.

Don

Reaction score
Looks like you're correct with that jimbo.,It doesn't seem like any adjustments are possible with that automatic tower....oh well, it does a good job flushing as it is..good thing the tank holds more than 1.6 gallons to increase the flush pressure...and 1.6 gallons does make it fill back up faster...guess it ain't all that bad....everyone is taking the power away from us..you buy a new push mower and it doesn't even have a throttle lever anymore....Don

D

Dellar

There is no adjustment. I wish A/S would have done better product testing before they released the Champion. My old one had hangups with the flush tower regularly. The tower would stick open & I'd have to manually push it down otherwise the water would keep running. Oh, the handle fell off too & got accidently flushed away. I had to buy a new handle. The toilet flushed great but mechanically was terrible. Maybe they should have used a flapper like Toto & the others.

Don

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks