Champion 4 experience

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by jbarker324, Jan 14, 2014.

1. jbarker324

jbarker324 New Member

After 3 months of research, I concluded that TOTO and the American Standard Champion 4 toilets were the best bet. A friend was very happy with a new Toto but none were readily available in our area so I bought the Champion 4 at Lowe's for about $220 three or four years ago. It has never been clogged while the two Eljers in the house have been numerous times. I replaced one of them last July, 2013 with another Champion 4. So far, no clogs. The C-4 has a very quick and quiet flush through the 4" flush valve and leaves a clean bowl due to the very slick finish. I noticed the price on the same tall, elongated unit was $198 at Home Depot last week, Jan, 2014. I did have to replace the handle last summer as others have mentioned having to do.
  2. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

Some but not all of the Toto line are available at Home Depot, which it sounds like you have in your area. You have to ask. They're not on the floor. They are also on the web site. If you have a plumbing supply place anywhere near you, they probably have access to the whole Toto line.