Ceramic Disk Bath & Shower Faucet

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by DanMcD, Nov 15, 2009.

1. DanMcD

DanMcD New Member

Does anyone know if Delta makes a ceramic kisk faucet for the Bath & Shower?

I see they have one for the sinks.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Delta has come up with the Diamond Seal ceramic for kitchen and lav, due to low lead requirements. I have not seen any indication they plan to change the design of the very successful and reliable 1300 series ( R10000 rough valve).
  3. DanMcD

DanMcD New Member

Thanks Jimbo,

I did not know about the 1300 series. I do like a ceramic disk, but it sounds like the 1300 series must have proven reliability since it has been around for some time.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The basic internal operation of the 1300 cartridge, both the old style and the new one, uses the time-proven seat and spring mechanism. Reliable, plus easy and inexpensive to repair.

The seat/spring design is so good, it has been copied by almost everyone at one point or another. Price Pfister is now using it in some of their Pfirst models.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

ceramic

The ceramic seat is interchangeable with the rubber seat/spring combination, but the mating surface also has to be ceramic, which is probably why they have not converted the tub/shower valves.