Ceramic disc cartridge replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

JointTech

Reaction score
I got a sink and faucet 7 years ago and cant find the reciept. It was online somewhere, probably china... A couple years ago it started leaking so I took the cartridge out and soaked the faucet in CLR and got rid of the scale and put it back together. Leak free for a few more years.
Recently it started again so I did the CLR routine. still leaked. I cranked the nut down so tight I thought it would break and it still leaks. The actual grommet looks and feels ok but I think the valve is just shot.

So i went to home depot and stumble on what I thought was the replacement (i had already decided to get a new faucet since I couldnt figure out anything about the one I have). So I bought it and took it home sure it would work.
On closer inspectin it is smaller and doesnt have the 2 tabs on the bottom.
I went back to casa de pot and none of them look like the one I have.
The faucet has no markings, not even made in china. the valve has no markings.

so after all that; any idea how to find the one I need?

oh and HI!!! im new here. long time DIYer.
Ive done both bathrooms in my house from tile shower to tile floors and all that goes with it. actually ive pretty much remodeled this condo since we bought it a few years ago. kitchen, hardwood floors, scraped ceilings and on and on. ;)

anyway everybody likes pictures. maybe these will help solve the mystery.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
When you buy a replacement cartridge the shape of the gasket on the bottom has to be EXACTLY like the old one. Close is not acceptable. Your faucet was made by KCG. They have four different versions of it but three of them are the same size, just the color is different. You need to know the o.d. and length to get the correct one. BUT, since KCG is NOT a "popular brand" in most areas, you will probably have to order it from a "full line" parts company, such as Brown's Partsmaster Inc.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
thanks!!..

thanks a lot for the help knowing its KCG pointed me perfectly in the right direction!! It was a needle in a haystack.

hj is known as the Oracle from Sedona! We are all truly fortunate that he shares his experience and knowledge with us here.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks