Centrifugal sand filter/CSV questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
So let me get this straight. You have a 1-1/2hp pump set at 600' with a 20' static and the well produces 6.5 gpm, and, you have a 5000 gallon storage cistern. It appears to me that you should have enough volume in the well that you don't need the cistern at all unless you are using a whole lot of water.

I agree. Something is not right here.

Caltrician

Reaction score
As far as the static water level at 20', I think it was actually determined to be lower than that by the drillers. The 20' was a comment from a worker who was installing the pump. The well drillers gave us the information about the 6-1/2 GPM, I'm sure it was certified some way.

Calfire requires all new home construction to include a 2500 gal storage tank and a fire hydrant fed by a 4" line. I took the advice of the contractor who installed the water system that we might have trouble satisfying our irrigation needs for 5 acres, so we chose to add an additional 2500 gals to the storage tank. It wasn't much additional cost then.

All these stats didn't convince me that larger storage was a waste as I mentioned in an earlier post regarding turning on 2 hoses the other night. The submersible could not pump enough water to have both of them putting out a good stream of water. When I used to have the booster, that would have been no problem.

What I will concur with was my ignorance about water systems and that the contractor most likely was not acting in my best interest.

Thank you all for your thoughts and advice. This is a great forum and has wonderful contributors.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks