Cement board dilemma...

Users who are viewing this thread

Arsinek

Reaction score
So in my bathroom renovation Im retiling the tub surround, this is in a townhouse which has 5/8 drywall. Im having a hard time finding 5/8 cement board for tile backer. The tub surround shares walls with the rest of the bath so I figured get the same thickness backerboard for a seamless transition. I can get the 5/8 in bigger sheets but I was planning on getting the smaller 3x5 which I cant find anywhere. Now the 1/2 I can get just about anywhere.

What should I do?

Jadziedzic

Reaction score
Buy lengths of 1/8" thick plywood - like the stuff sold for the front of cabinet toe kicks - rip it into 1-1/2 inch wide strips, and tack it to the surface of the studs where you're going to hang the 1/2 inch backer board. Screw the backer board to the shimmed studs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks