Ceiling Access Panel???

Users who are viewing this thread

GregK20

Reaction score
The answer might be a simple "that's not done". That's OK, but I thought I'd ask.

I have a two story house. Needless to say there are bathrooms on the second floor. One tub recently leaked. I fixed that and a pipe decided to leak (after I'd repaired the ceiling downstairs). Now I need to replace a section of ceiling about 48 inches x 36 inches where the ceiling drywall just couldn't take it anymore.

I cut the hole and all this beautiful plumbing is up there (like the tub drain that had leaked). Working on it, from the 2nd floor, is VERY difficult. It would seem that a 2 foot by 2 foot (or whatever) access panel would make working on that plumbing much easier. However, it would be impossible to "blend it in" with the existing textured ceiling. It's in a fairly public area of the house.

Is that sort of thing done? Even a piece of nice, waterproof plywood, finished and painted white with a frame on it would work. But not if it's not considered "acceptable" or normal practice. I don't think it is because I don't recall seeing anything like it before but...

Or do I just fix it right and hope it doesn't leak for another 20 plus years?

Thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
I suggest you try this search in your favorite search engine:
concealed ceiling access panels
There is a variety of options at various costs.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks