Cconvert 2 gang switch to 3 gang switch

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by soft, Jan 5, 2012.

1. soft

soft New Member

My mom hired a technician to do those electrical wirings since i know a bit about electrical i was the one to tell the technician were to put a switch/outlet in our house but the technician is so busy wiring the new house of my sister....

Wires : 12/3, 14/3

Questions:

1. After replacing the old 2 gang switch with the 3 gang switch i notice that the lights from the kitchen keep blinking which means (grounded)? Correct me if im wrong! How can i avoid it?
    2. The 3rd switch is for the Cabinet and thats my problem could i tap the 1 wire of the cabinet to any of the two 14/3 If so i need to create a jumper to connect the 12/3 to make it live
    3. Or should i get the power directly from the junction box (outlet for oven)? and connect it to the 3rd switch.

See pic...
    https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/53832899/1/Switch?h=7e2f0f
  2. jwelectric

jwelectric Electrical Contractor/Instructor

Then call him back if it is not working right

Wrong, if it was grounded it would trip the overcurrent device
    No, you should call the person who you paid in the first place to come fix the problem.

For anyone who wants to address this issue look at his profile first. This is not a 120 volt circuit