Caulking around toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
I have one year old tile/toilet. Just cleaning last night and wondering if I should caulk around the toilet. Cleaning the floor and a bit of water obviously got under the toilet but I thought it wasn't that much and would dry so couldn't hurt too much.

Let me know what I should do.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Many folk will caulk the front and 2 sides to keep urine from seeping under it.

I read in a Chinese restaurant washroom one time:

we aim to please
you aim too, please

DaveHo

Reaction score
Caulk around the front & sides, or all the way if you have kids. They will find a way to flood the bathroom one way or another at some point. My ceiling beneath the toilet is proof of that. It's caulked now...

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Many folk will caulk the front and 2 sides to keep urine from seeping under it.

I read in a Chinese restaurant washroom one time:

we aim to please
you aim too, please

LOL

I like the Targets with the Score rings.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's actually code to caulk. Some places require the back be left open so a leaking wax ring will be detected quicker, some places want it all the way around so nothing can get under the toilet. My personal preference is the latter, especially for a second floor toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks