Caulk recommendation for my bath tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Truc

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a dilemma. We recently remodeled our bathroom and replaced the bath tub. My contractor installed bathtub and caulked the surrounding bathtub. He used GE MAX5000 Siliconized Acrylic Caulk We let it cured for 2+ weeks. We took our first shower and noticed there is a leak that leaked to the 1st floor. We determined the cause of the leakage. The leak was seeping through the caulk of the bathtub’s stand. As I inspect the caulk, I noticed there are tiny cracks. I have to recaulk the surround area. Which brand and type of caulk do you recommend? I have attached the picture of my bath tub.

Please note: since the bath tub is round upward, water is trapped on the outside. I was thinking about getting a small water pump to suck the water back into the tub. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Screenshot_080514_113901_AM.jpg
Screenshot_080514_113930_AM.jpg

Truc

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
Go ahead and remove all the caulk it is the wrong type.

Clean area with denatured alchohol then use a heat gun or blow dryer to dry residual water.

Then replace caulk with only 100% pure silicone.

If you need a color match silicone look into laticrete latas silicone.

Other wise use white GE II. Silicone frome any big box store.

We have answered this question weekly here. There are many threads some with pics of how to use tape for clean lines.

Goodluck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks