Cast Iron Sink Support?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by vwalla281, Apr 28, 2009.

1. vwalla281

vwalla281 New Member

I am looking for some advice on a cast iron sink purchase. My wife is concerned about the weight of the sink on top of our countertops.

We have 1" thk granite counters and the sink would be over-mount. It there a concern with the weight of the sink in the situation?

Thanks!
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

sink

The sink's weight is not a problem. The sink's appearance will be "unusual" for a granite top.
  3. vwalla281

vwalla281 New Member

Thanks! The sink will be black so sort of goes with the granite we have.
    Thanks for confirming my thoughts to my wife :) !
  4. gpdewitt

gpdewitt New Member

The counter can hold up any sink with ease.
    If there is any way to make it an undermount sink, you and your wife will like it even better. Clean up is a breeze when you can wipe the counter into the sink!
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

sink

A black sink? Someone is either a sadist or a masochist, because that is a perpetual cleaning job.