Cast iron sewer problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

baldmouse

Reaction score
Been reading the cast iron drain problems. I have one solution for my kitchen sink drain from a plumber. He will run a new line outside the wall to a pump which will automaticly pump to the new sewer line. About 800$. Isn't there some sort of flexible line that can be run thru an Un damaged line to replace all the digging and floor break up? I'm in Fla.

Reach4

Reaction score
I presume you are on a slab.

I don't know about putting in a lining, but I would expect it to cost more. An $800 solution is amazingly cheap. Watch out for a bait and switch or upsell to much more.

Another alternative is to run PVC around the house, and combine with the city sewer in the front yard. More digging, but if it is shallow, due little freezing danger, and maybe digging in sandy soil, that could be relatively easy. The advantage over the pump is no pump.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Before I did anything, I would take steps to make sure that the existing piping is really bad. We see 50 year old cast iron pipe that is still perfectly fine every day. It does need to be rodded and flushed out to remove scale afterward, but unless it has been subjected to a lot of chemical drain cleaner, rarely is it completely unserviceable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks