Cast Iron Baseboard Radiator

Users who are viewing this thread

Bjferri

DoD Army
Reaction score
Removing this from my kitchen I want to save it for future use. Looking at the backside near the top, I see the sections that are bolted together. The bottom part where the water runs through have tight close fitting seams.
How are these seams held together? Am I able to remove a section to use a shorter run?

Thanks.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
They use press nipples, which are tapered on both sides and the bolts draw the sections together. shorting one is a hit or miss proposition and depends a lot on the condition of the nipples

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
baseboard

Remove the bolts and "wiggle" the section and it will come apart, but you will normally need new push nipples since yours will have been compressed by the original installation and MAY not reseal if you reuse them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks