Cast Iron Backwater Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

dmaslach

Reaction score
My house was built in the late 50s. I have an old manual/automatic backwater valve (with flapper and hand crank). Wondering if anyone knows if any place sells replacement parts for these? It was made by Boosey. Appears nearly identical to the one JRSmith makes (http://www.jrsmith.com/product-feed/categories/view/sku/7150). Waiting to hear back from JRsmith on parts but wondering if anyone knows here. Ideally, I'd love to replace the flapper and get a new pin for it since mine broke. I can just use a nylon pin for it but want to see if I can get the right parts for it, and any other potential replacement parts.

Other than the flapper, everything else is fine so I don't plan on jackhammering it out to replace it with a PVC backwater valve. Though, I wish I could get a better cover for it!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks