Cast Iron, Acrylic, Americast or Bootzcast?

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Annanvy, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Annanvy

Annanvy New Member

Hi all,

I just removed my old bath tub and need to replace it with a new, standard size bath tub by Columbus Day. I wanted to know which materials retains the most heat when one is soaking in the bathtub. I am looking at cast iron, acrylic, Americast, or Bootzcast. I really don't know what the difference between the Americast or Bootzcast is. Do you? Is it just branding?

I accidentally submitted a post under the plumbing section. It could be read in the link below.
    http://www.terrylove.com/forums/sho...-make-the-best-soaker-tub&highlight=bootzcast

Thank you for all your support.
  2. Winslow

Winslow Plumber

cast iron is the best for both durability and heat retention. Americast is just a pressed steel tub with an epoxy coating. It claims to have the heat retention of a cast but I don't believe that. Aside from the fact that it is not durable.. Bootzcast is just porcelein on steel which would be the worst of the choices. Acrylic is light and easy to install but won't have the heat retention of cast.