Case 1000/1100 toilet running constantly

Users who are viewing this thread

julie

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Case toilet whose exact model # I am still trying to ascertain. The toilet has, over the past 8 years that I have lived here, required replacement parts to fix a problem with constant running. The fix was minor, just replacing the black rubber "cup" that hangs from a chain in the tank and seals the tank when you flush it. Last time the plumber fixed it, the fix didn't work 100%, and now I hear the toilet "running" occasionally (two-three times a day).

The plumber took another look and showed me that the black rubber "washer" at the base of the tank (where the water flows out) is corroded. He said that because the toilet is one-piece, this part cannot be replaced and I need a new toilet.

Is this really true? I see replacement parts for Case available online; maybe I can just buy the correct replacement parts and have them installed?

Thanks so much.

case-1000-terrylove-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Case

ALL Case toilet parts are replaceable. You get the new parts at any good Briggs toilet dealer, or they can be ordered if not in stock. Be forewarned, however that they are not cheap parts, but I have never seen any that required that part to be replaced. You may need a better plumber who is familiar with the Case 1000/1100 model which is probably what you have.

case-1000-terrylove-11.jpg

julie

Reaction score
Thanks HJ-
Can you, or another experienced person, tell me how to figure out which Case model I have? I have looked in the tank, and only see some numbers stamped into the ceramic which don't correspond to Case model numbers.

Also, what is the name of the part I am trying to replace?

Probably I should just find an experienced plumber and let them take a look, but I would like to be a little more knowledgable this time.

Thanks again-
Julie

johncm

Reaction score
Case models

I have a web site that describes the case models:

They show pictures and have a summary of the features.
Hope this helps.

case-1000-terrylove-07.jpg

case-1000-terrylove-13.jpg

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Case

Thanks Johncm for the Case parts site pictures worth a thousand words....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks