Case 3100 toilet water level

Users who are viewing this thread

Gambo

Reaction score
Hi - Question about how do I control the water level in the case reservoir tank. I have a wall hung case 3000 toilet and recently changed some of the worn out parts (shiny brass) Now when the toilet is flushed the water continues to fill the tank water and keeps running over the spill trap. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• case 3000.jpg
    case 3000.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 67

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
that little thumb screw near where the threaded rod attaches can be loosened and then the float angled lower to cause the plunger to activate.

Gambo

Reaction score
that little thumb screw near where the threaded rod attaches can be loosened and then the float angled lower to cause the plunger to activate.
Ok Thanks - I tried this procedure but did not seem to affect the water level which is still too high in the tank, continues to rise up to the over flow and run over slowly. Can there be another cause to a running toilet.

Gambo

Reaction score
So the reason my case 3000 toilet was running and tank was continuously trying to fill was a failed flush valve. A 60+ year old case toilet and in my investigation I found that the bolt holding the valve together had slowly corroded until the valve was just a little loose and water started to slowly leak from the tank pass the bottom rubber gasket. Replaced with a new flush valve kit and problem was solved.

Attachments

• case.JPG
    case.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 54

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Great job! They're worth keeping. We have a less-well-flushing Standard toilet from 1927 in one toilet room. Almost 100 years old. The porcelain still looks great. I did replace its traditional ballcock and flush ball with a Korky 528 fill valve and the Korky flapper that you can slide down the sides of the copper overflow riser. Has worked perfectly like that for years now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks