Case 3000 Wall Mounted Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

batencio

Reaction score
I have a home built in 1961 with two Case 3000 wall mounted toilets. One recently began leaking at the water supply valve, and upon further inspection I discovered that the toilet has several stress cracks. Does anyone have a recommendation for a suitable replacement (brand/model)?

The Case 3000 model is a bracket mount, two bolt toilet.

Thanks.

briggs-case-3000-1964-02.jpg

case-3000.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com

There is no direct replacement for the Case/Briggs 3000. To replace it you have to remove the bracket mount and revise the carrier by installing the two top bolts and then using a conventional wall mount.

mifab_residential_carrier.jpg

batencio

Reaction score
Thanks

Thank you both for the information. That's exactly the information that I needed to know.

Again, thank you!

Richv

Reaction score
I also have a Case 3000 commode. It's a very nice unit. However, sixty years of hard water flow has enlarged the copper and brass internal dimensions. It now runs water like crazy. Would you have a good parts supply recommendation?

index.php

Richv

Reaction score
Briggs/Case 3000 parts or redesign?

:eek: Sixty year old WC runs constantly. Water bill is outrageous. This was a wonderful, wall hung toilet until the plumbing wore out. Is there a way to replace the fill mechanism with modern fittings/parts? If not, are reasonably priced parts available? The best price I've seen for the entire set is $200.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
case

The ONLY time I have ever had to replace the entire fill valve was when the riser cracked. Otherwise all you need, other than the tank flush ball, is the seat, stem, and black disc.

Richv

Reaction score
Thanks, but----

Thank you for the encouragement hj; but the plunger rocks back and forth in its housing and the threads supposed to hold the diverter valve are mostly gone. I fear that sixty years of extremely hard water flowing through the brass and copper fittings in this WC has eroded some of the metal beyond repair. I have a pressure activated shut off valve in another toilet. I wonder whether one of those could be rigged to replace everything except the flush valve. I don't think water is leaking into the bowl.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Unless water is leaking onto the floor, where do you think it is flowing? Into the bowl. There are two ways for that to happen, the valve between the tank and the bowl is leaking; or, if that is good, the shutoff isn't stopping the flow and it is going out the overflow tube. If it isn't going over the overflow tube, then it's leaking elsewhere, and if it's not on the floor, it's down the bowl. Water added slowly does not raise the water level in the bowl.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

The fill valve has to have the diverter mechanism to activate the rim flushing. NOTHING else will work, and your valve may sit on a china ledge inside the tank in which case the only valve you can install is the correct one.

Jack D.

Reaction score
Case 3000 1965 replacement toilet

My father-in-law, Jack, who is 93 years old, has 6 tiled bathrooms in a house he built in the 60s. All of the Case 3000 8-4 wall-hung toilets (with brackets) have broken down in the last few years, and the last working one will not flush. We'd like to get replacements and have come up with the American Standard Glenwall, but it shows 4 wall mounts. The Case has 2. We've called some plumbers, but haven't found anyone who can help at this point. Do you think the Glenwall will fit? The Crane Rexmont hasn't gotten good reviews. We also found the Gerber DF-21. Another option is to buy parts and replace them, but the parts are very expensive and some of the nuts and bolts on the toilets are very old and rusted.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You have to open the wall and remove the Case upper hanger bracket. Then install the upper two bolts in the carrier to fit the Glen wall. "Broken down" and "broken" can be two different situations. The Case 3000 was one of the best toilets ever made, so if they are not broken, i.e., cracked, the parts you usually need are not that expensive.

Last edited:

Jack D.

Reaction score
Hi HJ,

The toilets aren't cracked or broken, but the works inside need to be replaced. We found a parts place in Knoxville, TN, but the parts that we need come to about $500-$700. We saw another parts place - Palm Beach Plumbing, but haven't checked the prices yet. Can you recommend a good parts place. My husband Johnny can then order the parts, or if we have any luck finding a plumber who is willing to tackle the job, we'll hire him. Thanks for your help.
Nadine.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The ONLY parts you should need are the fill valve's stem, seat, and disc, and a tank ball, although you may have to purchase them in a "kit" which has other parts you really do not need. any dealer who handles Briggs plumbing fixtures will have them or can order them.

roaddog42

Reaction score
I have four of the Case 3000 toliets in my house and replaced all the inside parts(very expensive) and none of the toliets will flush correctly. I have had the plumbers 2 times and they can't fix them. Has anyone actually replaced the Case 3000 with the American Standard "Glenwall?"
Thanks,

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Maany plumbers do not know how to repair Case/Briggs 1000 and 3000 toilets although it somewhat simple. IT would be rare that they needed all new parts unless something acturally cracked and broke. Those toilets, since the cannot overflow were some of the best toilets ever made, and I would not replace one with a Glenwall unless the toilet itself was cracked.

tmurphy

Reaction score
Case 3000 rebuild

Working on a Case 3000. Have several questions:
Does any one have schematic/drawing of the internal parts?
Can the old parts, ballcock, float ball,etc be replaced with Fluidmaster setup?
Any suggestions
Thanks
Tim

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Lots of places online seem to have parts, although getting the whole shebang is expensive. However, there seem to be kits to repair or replace the *moving* parts; hard to see why you'd need the whole ballcock or fill valve, for example. E.g. http://www.lockeplumbing.com/search.asp?key=CAS300&x=12&y=8

I would search on "Case 3000 Parts".

Because the thing has a complicated diverter as does my old lowboy AS toilet, you can't have it work right if you just try to replace it with a fluidmaster fill valve.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most wall hung toilets use a four bolt carrier, unless you are going for the in-wall system.
The following use a 4 bolt carrier.
American Standard Glenwall
Gerber Maxwell 20-021 wall hung

The Case 3000 installation would need to be updated (changed) to a current 4 bolt carrier if you intend to switch.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks