Case 3000 replacement advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Cliffy

Reaction score
I have a customer that has 4 case 3000 wall mount toilets that I will be replacing as they need it. One isnt working right now and another one is on its last leg. This is the first time I have come across wall mount or rear flush toilets. You just don't see them around here.

My questions is what do I do? Replace it with another wall mount? Or a floor mount that is rear evacuating? I've done hours of searching and see the that the American standard wall mount had tons of problems. I came across a blog were a guy used a Gerber floor mount that worked good I'm just. It sure if the soil line would line up. Best I can tell it would be 1/8th off. Pretty sure I could make that work. Any advise?

I keep reading that a neoprene seal should be used. Any Preferance of brand or model?

Thanks for answering this post, and all the others. I've been perusing them for days as I try to come up with a plan to recommend on these toilets.

Cliff

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
In all likelihood, a floor mounted rear discharge goes out too low to replace a wall-hung. They typically go to a flange centered just 4" above finished floor.

Almost all the tank-operated wall mounts nowadays will be pressure assist tank.

Cliffy

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

Yeah. Everything I read says the old case is 4.125 and the Gerber floor mount is 4.25 but there is no way the height or the condition of the drain until I open the wall. It's probably cast iron which would be hard to alter for a different configuration. I'd kinda like to have a good plan before I open the wall so I can give a somewhat accurate quote. Increasing your quote after you take out the old toilet makes you look like a crook. I'll probably just have to explain the uncertainty and pull one of them to see what I am dealing with.

http://stulta.com/forumo/archives/191

Here is a link that has me thinking the Gerber could work. The thickness of the flooring could be an issue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks